4 weeks ago
1 month ago
There are NEW events coming up soon! Check them out:
14 Sept- 11 Oct: Kansanshi Solo Challenge (Run, Road Cycling, MTB) zambiaraces.com/?event=kansanshi-solo-challege-2020&event_date=2020-09-14
16 Sept: Elephant Charge (Motorsport) zambiaraces.com/?event=elephant-charge-2&event_date=2020-09-26
18 Oct: Tour De Lufwanyama (Road Race) zambiaraces.com/?event=tour-do-lufwanyama-2020&event_date=2020-10-18
24 Oct: Brokenhill Man Ultra Trail Marathon (Running) zambiaraces.com/?event=brokenhill-man-ultra-trail-marathon&event_date=2020-10-24 ... See MoreSee Less
COMING SOON: Zambiaraces.com is adding a Routes & Hubs page so you can find Zambia's best places to ride, run, or moto! Requests and contributions welcome from the public. ... See MoreSee Less
3 months ago
COVID UPDATE FROM MULUNGUSHI MTB ORGANISERS:
Hi ALL Mulungushi MTB Entrants,
After much consideration and discussion between relevant parties, we have sadly had to make the decision to postpone the Mulungushi MTB until things return to some semblance of normality. Factors that were taken into consideration are as follows:
1. Covid-19 is escalating at an alarming rate and we have no way of telling what the situation is going to be in 2 weeks' time.
2. We have been advised that hospitals are filling up with Covid-19 patients and that getting hospitalised in the case of injury is doubtful. I have been told of a case where a child's arm is broken and is unable to get proper medical attention to properly set it. This is going to have to be surgically repaired after the pandemic.
3. There is little or no chance of being medivacked in the case of serious injury.
4. We have had to cancel the catering which is a big part of the Mulungushi MTB.
5. The key organisers of the race (especially the Short Track event) have been advised by their employer not to travel which will make the running of the race almost impossible.
6. The mixing of people from different regions is a concern and we would run the risk of introducing Covid-19 to high risk people including the orphanage, through the marshals, where there are also high-risk people living in close proximity to each other.
The good news is that the routes are prepared and the GPX files are attached so you are welcome to ride the routes yourself (at your own risk I'm afraid). Note however that none of the routes are marked so you will need to use a GPX if you want to ride the official routes. You can however just ride around the area not following MTB routes.
With the routes being prepared, we will be ready to re-schedule the event as soon as the situation allows.
For those who have already paid their Entry Fees we can either hold your fee or refund it. Please let Lesley-Ann know.
Kind regards from the event organisers. ... See MoreSee Less